Pacman says he knew he’d get KO’d by Marquez
Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao had an interesting revelation while having an interview with the Australian media during his promotional tour for the Jeff Horn bout.
The fighting senator claimed that he knew he was going to lose in the biggest fight of his career against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
“I’m in training for the Mayweather fight ... in LA. One month before the fight, I had a dream,” he said. “And my dream is the fight with Mayweather, and in that dream I lost the fight.”
Pacquiao said he told his team and his pastor the story of his dream.
“And the pastor said, ‘We just pray, we just pray,’” he said.
His adviser Michael Koncz and Top Rank Inc. publicist Fred Sternburg confirmed that the fighter had told them about his dream.
Pacquiao lost via a unanimous decision against Mayweather in that superbout described by many as the richest boxing match in history.
The superfight broke pay-per-view records in the US, with 4.6 million buys and over $410 million in revenue. It surpassed the previous $150 million revenue record set by Mayweather vs. Saúl Álvarez and the 2.48 million buy record set by Mayweather vs. Oscar De La Hoya.
Pacquiao, who is also a pastor, added that he also had visions of the outcome of his previous fights, including his shocking knockout defeat to Juan Manuel Marquez.
“On Marquez fight, I never felt bad (about) what happened because I saw that one week before the fight,” he said. “After the fight, if you watch the fight, when you review the fight, when I’m in the ring, I just smiled because I remembered my dream."
The Filipino boxer said he sees the dream as a message from God.
“It’s a message. It’s a favor, I’m so thankful because God told me ahead of time (to be prepared).
Pacquiao is scheduled to defend his title against Australia's Jeff Horn on July 2.
The bout will take place at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.
0 comments :
Post a Comment