MANILA, Philippines – American golfer Dustin Johnson has been tapped to replace world No. 1 Jason Day in an exhibition match against Rory McIlroy on November 29 at the Pradera Golf Course in Lubao, Pampanga.
Johnson, currently ranked second in the world, will replace Day in the event after the Filipino-Australian was forced to withdraw to focus on his recovery from back injury.
"I am very excited for this match and honored to be invited to play for charity," Johnson, the reigning US Open champion, said in a statement. "With Jason the hometown favorite in this match, I am happy to replace him."
"I'm sorry Jason can't make it to the Philippines this time, but (I'm) delighted that Dustin is stepping in for a very worthy cause and what promises to be a great head-to-head match," he added.
"I'm glad Dustin accepted to take my place in the exhibition match," Day said. "I'm also very happy that the event is pushing through for the Filipino golf fans."
Day is also planning to visit the Philippines next year.
More information regarding tickets, their prices, and where they can be purchased will be announced soon.
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.
0 comments :
Post a Comment