MANILA, Philippines – Former Ateneo de Manila University star Kiefer Ravena remains hopeful that his NBA dreams may still come true as he continues to wait for a call from the Texas Legends of the NBA Developmental League.
Ravena is back in the country after three months of intensive training in the United States, for which he was rewarded with a tryout for the Legends team earlier in September.
"Okay naman siya," Ravena told reporters of his training. "Nandoon kasi talaga ako to try it out."
"Ngayon, I'm just waiting for an opportunity to get called back, so sana, you know, positive," he added. "Dasal-dasal lang. Hoping for the best pa rin."
The next steps of Ravena's basketball career – which has taken him from Ateneo to the Gilas cadets, to the Drew League, and to the Merlion Cup – will hinge on the call from the Legends.
"Siguro, may tawag naman ako na sasabihin nila na wala. So meron pa rin ako, positive or negative. Then that's the cue to do whatever move I have to do when it comes to my career," he explained.
"So ngayon, nag-aantay lang ako, and sana, positive," Ravena added. "Kung negative man, ganoon talaga."
For Ravena, what is most important is that he left no stone unturned as he chased his dream.
"Ever since I started playing basketball, I wanted to do this," he said. "I thank everybody who supported me since Day 1."
The NBA D-League season starts on November 11, and Ravena is hoping to receive a call before then. In the meantime, he will be in Manila until the weekend, before flying back to the United States for more training.
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.
0 comments :
Post a Comment